Sunday, August 3, 2008

Captain Underpants!

DISCLAIMER: This post is rated PG for potty talk and may be somewhat boring to those who don't really care to know the specifics of me potty training Logan... I just wanted to document the process in case I need to ever do it again with some future offspring.

Logan is potty training! I suppose a child isn't officially potty trained until you don't have to remind them, supervise them, encourage them, and wipe their butt... but otherwise Logan is potty trained! It all started 6 months ago when Logan was getting out of the bath and he asked if he could go poop. I thought he just wanted to play so I put him on the toilet and he actually went! I thought it was a fluke so since then I have given 3 half-hearted attempts at potty training. Many of you know that I will be starting nursing school in 2 weeks so I decided maybe I should just give the potty training one last go before I start.

Day One (Monday): Logan has six accidents before his afternoon nap and has only used the toilet 2 times... Why am I doing this... this is stupid, he is not ready. After the nap... 3 more wet underwear and one poop directly on the carpet. Well I guess that is some improvement so I will give it one more day.

Day Two: NO ACCIDENTS! I couldn't believe it!!! Logan did not have one single accident the whole day! However he also did not poop the entire day. Ever since Logan was about 8 months old he has been wearing 2 diapers to bed due to his overactive nighttime bladder, but after day two, Logan woke up with a dry diaper!!! This is awesome.

Day Three: Logan experiments a little, tries standing on TOP of his toddler potty and peeing instead of sitting on it, otherwise accident free, and finally poop on the potty!

The rest of the week Logan is consistently using his toddler potty while at home and the public restrooms while out. He has gone poop on the potty every day and he has just amazed me with his potty skills. In this picture Logan is dancing on the couch and showing off his muscles.

3 comments:

Carol Haddock said...

The boy is a genious or how ever you spell it.
Grammie

Sarah said...

WHAT! you got off easy... just so you know to be grateful. And, i hope you post a picture of you in a nurse hat.

The Dotter Family said...

Hi Shrilee,
Don't worry I still have to have to remind my boys to go potty! Logan is so big! I can't believe how big he is he is so cute. I am glad to see that you guys are doing good. Tell Gabe that I say Hi.